- Laser engraved steel by Melvin Galapon
- Engraved iPad - anodized alluminium
- Laser engraving metal - Steel QR tagging
- Phone engraving - Stainless steel
How does engraving metal work?
Laser engraving metal is a durable and legible way of marking many metal materials. Different processes are used depending on the type of metal being engraved;
Treated metals – anodized, lacquered, spray veneered
If the metal has been pre-treated or coated the laser will engrave away this top coating to reveal the metal finish below. Different treated metals will produce different effects.
Bare surface metals – compound engraving
If engraving a non-treated metal the C02 laser will not mark the surface well. In this case we use the compound marking method. A chemical layer is sprayed onto the metal. When the laser comes in contact with the chemical it is fixed to the material resulting in permanent black marks. See examples.
Metal engraving service key benefits
- Special order metal engraving materials from us.
- Also engrave own supply metal materials or objects.
- Metal cut to your custom size and engrave.